Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Technology Standards and Goal for the 21st Century Student

 Here you will find a link to a digital artifact that I created for one of my Graduate classes. I will provide a link to my screencast that I created for the project and also the powerpoint itself so you can look at it more closely.

http://screencast.com/t/EYqQBD9ezV



Bottom line is that educators need to revamp their teaching style and learn to be UNCOMFORTABLE with teaching. Yes, UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

If you are comfortable with what you are teaching, then you aren't learning and growing as a teacher. We are losing our students every day to the fast paced world of technology. Just face it and get over it. How are you going to pull those reins back? How will YOU teach your students the skills needed to prepare for a job that hasn't even been created yet?

How will YOU teach a child to create their own learning? To want to learn? To be engaged in their learning?

Utilizing technology in your classroom is the way to grasp the minds of your students and help them tune in. I don't mean to put them on a game, but to teach them HOW to recreate what is in their mind through technological tools?

How can you do that if you don't branch out and learn some new technology tools yourself?

Go ahead and GET UNCOMFORTABLE! You won't regret it... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment